Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Beauty Tuesday: Wants, Loves, and Wishes

Beauty is a topic that I have always been passionate about. I love trying out new products. I use the word "products" to encompass anything and everything: makeup, skincare, fragrance, hair care, nails, and bath and body. I love it all. I'd say my favorite category is probably makeup. I love to do my makeup everyday. I am shocked at what a difference, just a little wash of color on my face makes! And it takes no time. I am definitely one those people who chooses not leave the house without at least something on my face. Here are some of my favorites, and new things I am intrigued by:


  •      Everyday for the past 10 years, this little pot of goodness has covered my worst skin flaws, erased dark circles, and primed my lids before I even knew what that was. MAC Studio Finish concealer has spf, comes in tons of shades ( I'm NC15) and makes me look human again 



MAC Studio Finish Concealer, Spf 35 

I'm also pretty obsessed with lip color. I always have at least 35 lipsticks in my giant lipstick bag that I carry around with me. I love to change up my color daily, and obsessed with the perfect moisturizing formula that lasts and doesn't cause my lips to flake. 


  •   Gerard cosmetics is a semi- obscure brand that I've never seen in Sephora or drugstores, and it's only sold online. The Hydra Matte Lipstick is literally amazing. You know the current super-huge trend made popular by Kylie Jenner? Big, huge matte lips, in grey/ neutral/ brown shades? It's kind of weird, especially since that seems so 1995 to me, but it's HUGE right now in the makeup trend world. A lot "you tubers" that I regularly watch will sometimes link to this particular brand, and I see why. The colors are so rich, the hydra matte is very moisturizing, light and feels really good on. The colors are right on trend, but not harsh, and there are always some great deals happening! I have tried the Serenity shade and love it. The 1995 is probably my next shade to try, but they all look beautiful, and new colors are coming out constantly. 
Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Lip Color

  •      Last but not least, is my favorite makeup remover. Boscia is a Japanese brand that I have seen at Sephora and recently tried this awesome product to take my makeup off at night. I am often lazy and just use a wipe, but I often find this doesn't get rid of everything. I end up using water to get excess mascara or eyeliner off and this stuff breaks up all your makeup instantly! It's so lightweight too and doesn't feel oily or smear onto my contact lenses. I am in love with this. So much easier and more effective than a wipe.




What are your favorites? Any obscure items that I need to know about?




No comments:

Post a Comment