Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My 3 Desert Island Beauty Items



Hey guys! I'm linking up with Shay and Ericka to discuss my 3 desert island beauty favorites from my medicine cabinet.

1.)  Sheseido Senka UV Gel Sunscreen Spf 50 


Get on amazon here

This particular sunscreen is my favorite product for everyday. I have very fair skin and tend to freckle and burn after only a few minutes outside, and I take sun protection very seriously. I found out about this sunscreen about two years ago and read that Japanese are also very vigilant about sun protection and their goal is to keep skin as white as possible, meaning redness, sun exposure, etc are pretty much a standard in all these products. This particular brand (Shideido) is a high end department store brand here in the U.S. but in Japan, they sell it in drugstores and it's very affordable. Thankfully in this day and age, there is Amazon which allows us to order these from Japan and reap the benefits! It does take about 4-6 weeks for delivery, so I would order two at a time. It's so lightweight and grease less and melts right into your skin. I am in love with how their is NO white residue and it makes sun protection easy as can be.

[Review] Shiseido Hada Senka Mineral Water UV Gel SPF 50+ PA+++



2.) Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo 

Link to amazon here

I am a (color- treated) blonde, and I don't like washing my hair every day. I have used TONS of dry shampoos from drugstore brands to high end brands and this one is the best. It actually really allows me to go an extra day without washing and my hair actually has volume and doesn't feel limp and stuck to  my scalp. Days when I can skip the washing I can sleep in a few extra minutes, and hop in the shower with my shower cap and I feel amazing and clean after a few sprays of this stuff on my scalp! 

3.) Aquaphor Healing Ointment


Ok, I know this seems kind of basic, but if we are talking desert island- I gotta have this stuff! From dry rough cuticles, to chapped lips, to even diaper rash, this stuff is a holy grail beauty item. It's unscented and gentle on all skin types. I keep a tiny tube in my purse and another one beside my bed, and pretty much all over my house. If my lips are bothering me, this stuff instantly soothes them, especially in the dry winter months. You can also use this to coat your feet with before bedtime and sleep in a pair of white cotton socks- you will wake up to baby softness that you never thought possible!





2 comments: