Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Favorites Link Up!

Friday Favorites Link Up!



Today I am so glad it's Friyay! This week, the spring weather has been warming up, the dogwoods are in their peek bloom, and spring fever is in full swing in this town!

1.) Ft Lauderdale Trip!

  •  Next weekend I am flying down for a quick trip to Ft Lauderdale to visit my Mom. I plan on  spending my time at the pool, a day at the beach, Nordstrom Rack, and trying out some  delicious restaurants. There is nothing better than having your Mom live in a resort town that  is just a short 2 hour plane ride away! 

2.) Dogwood Arts Festival  dogwoodarts.com
  • Spring in East TN is definitely the most beautiful time of year in this area. The dogwood trails in this area are so gorgeous, and it's so fun to "window shop" for houses in all these gorgeous, old neighborhoods. We have already been through Lakemoore Hills, and were blown away by the charm and history of this area. I am a Knoxville native, and have never known of this cute neighborhood until recently. There are so many beautiful places in this city and a Sunday drive is just one of my favorite things to do. 
3.)  Swimsuits For All.com
  •    Since I am headed down to Florida to soak up some sun and sand, I have been searching for a new swimsuit. Wow, there are SO many options this year. Last Spring I noticed the Plus Size bikini really took off, and now it's everywhere. I love the idea, I really do! Ashley Graham has made a huge place in the fashion world and I love that plus size and curvy body types are making huge leaps and bounds as the ideal body type. This suit is absolutely gorgeous and any woman who has the confidence to wear this would look stunning! 
4.)  Flower Season
  • If you know me, you know that I am obsessed with flowers. I just love them. My husband learned early on in our relationship that flowers were my love language. The first time he brought me flowers, I cried. The first time he brought my flowers for no reason, I cried again, ha! I love this time of year when all kinds of beautiful flowers are blooming and the air has a heavy, sweet smell in the early evening. Peony season, which happens very quickly for about 2 weeks in early May, is probably my favorite. Followed closely by hydrangea season in June. I may or may  not carry scissors in my car ;) We are so lucky to live in an area with so many beautiful varieties that really thrive in our climate. I am trying my hand this year at a natural wildflower cutting garden, and I am really excited to see how it turns out. 
      
    My favorite time of the year

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love peonies and hydrangeas! They smell so good! A Ft. Lauderdale visit sounds so nice right now. Enjoy! It sounds like you have lots of fun stuff planned. Stopping by from Friday Favorites. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete